Liverpool John Lennon Airport welcomes passengers with special needs.In designing the terminal buildings and facilities we have attempted to apply standards and good practices in order to provide an inclusive environment.
You must ensure that you pre-notify and specify your needs with the airline when you book your flight. We cannot guarantee all of the assistance services for non pre-notified passengers. To pre book assistance, passengers need to contact their airline directly. Please click the relevant link below:
Special Assistance Services
The airport has appointed a contractor to provide special assistance services to support special assistance passengers and persons with reduced mobility (PRMs). That provider is OCS who can be contacted on 0151 907 1030 – Phone lines are open from 4am-midnight daily. The services that can be accessed at LJLA are provided by OCS but must be requested prior to travel:
Communicate your arrival at the airport and request assistance as follows:
Inside the Terminal:
- At the “Welcome Desk” opposite Check-In Desks.
- At your check-in desk.
- The ‘Special Assembly Area’ is availably adjacent to the EasyJet and Servisair ticket desk.
Support and assistance is available as follows:
- Lifting baggage and/or mobility equipment out of the vehicle (staff should not be expected to lift the disabled person out of the vehicle).
- Movement from the collection point to check-in.
- Checking-in and registering baggage.
- Proceeding from the check-in desk to the aircraft, with completion of emigration, customs and security procedures.
- Moving to the toilet facilities if required.
- Accessing the Terminal facilities, money exchange, cafés, retail outlets, if required, and where time permits. Where a customer prefers to explore the Terminal facilities without escort, a time (bearing in mind boarding time, security queues, etc.) and place will be agreed to meet and proceed to the Gate.
- Boarding the aircraft, with lift-on if required.
Arriving passengers will be met at the aircraft, and assisted to:
- Disembark, with lift-off if required.
- Proceed to baggage reclaim via Immigration and Customs control if required.
- Assistance to identify and lift reclaimed baggage.
- Proceed to landside:
- Arrivals area – if the passenger is being met.
- Car Parks – assistance to lift baggage and/or mobility equipment in to the vehicle (staff should not be expected to lift the disabled person in to the vehicle).
- Bus/taxi pick-up area – assistance with baggage and/or mobility equipment as required.
Ambulifts are availably to convey passengers and wheelchairs up to the aircraft door. This makes for a smooth, efficient and convenient boarding/disembarking for passengers.
Wheelchairs are available and should be requested with your airline/tour operator when booking your flight. They will then send this information through to the airport direct. You will be able to remain in your wheelchair until you are at the aircraft for boarding. Your wheelchair or an airport wheelchair will be available at the aircraft side as soon as you disembark.
Please note that following changes to the Terminal Building, including relocation of the Security check point, walking distances to the departure lounge take approximately 5 minutes and approximately 10 minutes to the departure gates.
For arriving flights into Liverpool John Lennon Airport, after disembarkation, you will have up to 400metres, 440yds, to walk to the baggage reclaim area (closest 70metres, 80yds; farthest 400metres, 440yds).
Accessible buses will be provided when aircraft are parked on ‘remote’ stands.
The accessible parking bays, for blue-badge holders, are located close to the terminal, in:
- Long Stay 1 Car Park and Long Stay Pricebuster (LS1)
- Short Stay (Multi-Storey) and Multi-Storey Pricebuster Car Park
- The Express Drop Off & Pick Up area adjacent to the multi-storey car park.
- The Premium Car Parking Area.
There are no accessible bays in the iPark Liverpool Car Park which is approx. 10 minutes walk from the terminal building. Passengers requiring assistance are advised to use one of the other Car Parks indicated above.
For a map of the car parks layout please click here.
Blue Badge Replacement Scheme
The airport operates a Blue-Badge replacement voucher scheme, which will allow passengers to retain their Blue-Badge for use abroad. Vouchers are available from the car park kiosk located in the Multi-Storey car park and from the “Welcome Desk” opposite Check-In Desks. This service is provided free of charge.
Low-level telephones are available throughout the Terminal.
Passenger rooms are available before and after Security for passengers wishing to administer medication. Entrance to these facilities is available on request by contacting the Information Desk, or by speaking with a member of staff and asking for the Airport Duty Manager (ADM).
Aspire Premium Lounge
The Aspire Premium Lounge is accessible to wheelchairs.
For further information about Liverpool John Lennon Airport’s Service Standards, please click here.