Fast Track FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why has Liverpool John Lennon Airport introduced this optional charge?
The Airport believes that many passengers are prepared to pay a small fee in order to avoid waiting in a lengthy queue that can develop at peak times, to access Security.
2. What will I get for my ticket?
Your ticket will allow entry through a separate channel into the security screening area, bypassing the standard passenger queue.
3. How will it work?
Ticket machines are located throughout the terminal to ensure easy access to all passengers. Having purchased a ticket, passengers access the security screening area via turnstiles located on the level 3 of the terminal building. These turnstiles are easily identified with the Fast Track logo. Simply insert the ticket into one of the machines and proceed through to the security screening area.
4. I've bought a Fast Track ticket, will I still have to wait in a queue?
Buying a Fast Track ticket does not guarantee that you won't have to wait in a queue, however, your queuing time will still be shorter when compared to the standard passenger queue and Liverpool John Lennon Airport will always attempt to ensure that your wait time is kept as short as possible.
5. Having purchased a ticket do I need to pass through to the Fast Track immediately?
No, however, passengers must allow sufficient time to arrive at their departure gate at the published boarding time as stated by their airline. Liverpool John Lennon Airport recommends arriving at the terminal at least 2 hours before departure and heading straight for Security once you've checked in and/or dropped any hold-luggage off.
6. Will I avoid the security screening area by using this scheme?
No. Once passengers enter the security screening area they will be subject to the same rigorous security checks that all passengers must undertake. The same restrictions on items not allowed in hand luggage and limits on the size and type of liquids also still apply.
7. Will I have to join another queue to purchase my ticket?
No, tickets can be bought from a number of machines located throughout the terminal.
8. I have already paid for priority or speedy boarding from the airline I am travelling with, does this give me access to the Fast Track facility?
No. This is separate to any airline priority or speedy boarding scheme which takes place at the departure gate having already passed through Airport security.
9. Does this ticket also entitle me to priority boarding with the airline I am flying with?
No. This is separate to any airline priority boarding scheme which takes place at the departure gate. Priority boarding is purchased separately from the airline, if available.
10. Do I get a refund if my flight is cancelled?
Unfortunately, our tickets are non transferable and non refundable from the 1st April 2011, however if you email us your cancelled flight number and next date of travel we will transfer your ticket for next time you travel. Contact details can be found on the Contact Us page.