Airport Tours of Liverpool John Lennon Airport, bookable in advance, are regularly available and are undertaken on behalf of the Airport by FoLA (Friends of Liverpool Airport).
A choice of tours is offered:
- NEW Extended Guided Landside & Airside Airport Tour – This new tour incorporates an Airside visit when on an Airport tour. Groups must not exceed 30, and we will require passport/driving licence details in order to process Security passes. This tour can be adapted for Primary, Secondary and College students. The extended tour lasts approximately 2.5 hours.
- Guided Landside Airport Tour – This general tour consists of a forty-five minute presentation on the ‘Past, Present & Future’ of Liverpool John Lennon Airport and is delivered in the Cavern Suite. A question and answer session usually follows, before taking a leisurely tour of all landside facilities; from Departures to Arrivals, ending in the Security Control area before returning to the Cavern Suite. The walking tour takes an hour on average. Groups should therefore set aside two hours for the entire visit. C
- Primary School Groups – This tour is aimed at 7-11 year olds. The tour comprises a short five-minute introductory film, “Above us only Sky”; followed by a ten minute presentation detailing a short history of the Airport and what pupils can expect to see on their visit. This is delivered in the Cavern Suite. After a short break pupils are supplied with yellow hi-vis jackets, clipboards, pens, as well as an accompanying booklet which encourages interaction with the tour guides at all tour stops. They are then taken on a guided tour of all the facilities to be found landside at the Airport, as far as the security control area. Groups should allow two hours for the entire visit.
- Secondary School Groups – This tour is primarily aimed at students completing the GCSE Applied Business Studies course, although it is also of value to those studying the travel industry generally. The tour will begin with a forty-five minute presentation based on the ‘Past, Present & Future’ of Liverpool John Lennon Airport, normally in the Cavern Suite. After a question and answer session, there is a tour of the various landside facilities at the Airport which ends at the security control area. The tour will last approximately two hours.
- Landside = £5 per person (minimum booking of 10 people)
- Extended Tour = £7.50 per person
The above prices now include welcome refreshments, parking, and VAT.
A minimum non-refundable deposit of £30 is required to confirm the tour booking.
The minimum total payment per tour is £50.
For further information, please contact us using the information below.
|By Post:||LJLA Tours
Liverpool John Lennon Airport
|By Telephone/Fax:||Tel: 0151 907 1622
|By Email||[email protected]|
Airport tours are conducted by FoLA members. A quarterly newsletter is produced which contains articles and the latest news relating to Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
The Booking Organiser can enjoy FREE membership of FoLA for ONE year.
Please confirm when completing the booking form whether free FoLA membership is required.
From fragrances in World Duty Free, currency at Travelex, to a bite to eat at the Kissing Gate- you'll be spoilt for choice for shopping at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
New routes, community endeavours, investments, destination guides... Get all the latest news and updates from Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport are one of the biggest employers in the Merseyside region and with more than a 91% colleague satisfaction rate, why not discover the latest career opportunities at LJLA?