• Good communication skills and attention to detail.
• An organised approach and excellent time management skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team or use own initiative.
• A good level of English, spelling and grammar.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Educated to GCSE Level.
• Computer literacy and good typing skills.
• Receive, log and prioritise incoming mail for the department and any other departments as required, filtering items which do not require personal attention by dealing with items personally or distributing to the relevant member of staff to ensure all mail is dealt with efficiently and appropriately.
• Make and receive telephone calls, evaluating communications, taking messages, answering routine queries and re-directing calls to ensure all calls are dealt with effectively and in a professional manner. Reception duties such as greeting and looking after visitors.
• Typing and setting up documents such as letters and reports.
• Maintain good housekeeping of the word processing system (e.g. starting up the system as required and deleting documents) to ensure efficient use is made of the word processing facilities.
• Set up and maintain filing and bring forward systems to ensure information is readily accessible
• Arrange meetings, organise agendas/relevant paperwork and attend meetings when required to take notes/minutes of the meeting.
• Managing electronic diaries.
• Utilise a computerised Purchase Order system as and when required to assist the Airport Director by ensuring invoices are passed through to the Finance Department.
• Undertake audio and copy typing of reports, correspondence, minutes etc. to meet the requirements of the department and copy and distribute finished documents to ensure they reach their destination.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
• Maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records and messages.
• Route and distribute incoming mail and email.
• Answering routine letters and email.
• Reply and attach files to incoming messages.
• Correct spelling and grammar to ensure accuracy.
• Operate phone systems, videoconferencing and other office equipment.
• Use computers for spreadsheets, database management and other applications.