• Have good communication skills as the role involves working closely with Air traffic and other partners.
• Methodical and enjoys problem solving.
• Good customer service skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Interest in Electrical Engineering.
• Qualification in Engineering or Science subject at college.
• Desirable to be able to achieve an electrical qualification i.e. NVQ, ONC, HNC.
• Computer literate.
• Need to able to work outdoors for sustained length of time.
• Be able to work at heights.
• Ensuring that the Airfield and taxiways remaining compliant with regulations.
• Maintaining and repairing all Airfield lighting and systems.
• Electrical installations, maintenance and testing.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
• Regulatory inspections of the runway, taxiways and Apron areas.
• Inspections of Instruments and systems used by Airline pilots on approach and take off.
• Maintenance and replacement of light fittings and components.
• Repairs to electrical systems.
• Involvement with Airfield project work.
• Electrical installations and testing as required.
• Daily works Co-ordination with Airfield Operations and ATC.