• Flexibility as shift work is an integral part of the ASO role.
• Leadership skills as the ability to supervise others and ensure tasks are completed according to the demands of the airfield operation.
• Good communication skills are essential as working with a number of different departments and companies to ensure safety procedures are followed at all times.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Full driving licence is essential.
• Good IT skills.
• Supervisory or leadership experience.
• Ensuring compliance with regulatory and legal requirements to ensure the airfield operates at a safe standard.
• Managing a team responsible for all aspects of airfield management, including wildlife control and waste management.
• Monitoring the safety of all users of the airfield facilities, including external companies and passengers.
ANY OTHER INFORMATION/REQUIREMENTS
• An ASO will respond to all airfield emergencies and liaise with internal and external emergency services during any aircraft incidents.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
• An ASO will carry out numerous inspections to ensure the airfield is safe for aircraft to operate.
• Regular audits are carried out to ensure safety procedures are being adhered to.
• Liaising with other airport departments so that the operation of the airfield runs smoothly and aircraft can depart on time.
• Carrying out accident investigation to prevent reoccurrence.