• Committed and flexible.
• Ability to use own initiative as well as being aware of the wider team.
• Natural leader.
• Articulate, innovative and respectful of all human beings regardless of status or faith.
• Prepared to go the extra mile.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Qualifications/Courses completed in
• Chaplaincy Studies
• Pastoral Care
• Conflict Resolution
• British Sign Language
• Theology and the Environment
• Marriage and Cohabitation
• An average of 25 years general Parish experience is desirable
• The ability to work unusual hours rather than regular patterns without it affecting general health/ performance is important.
• The Chaplain is responsible for the Pastoral, Humanitarian and Spiritual Care of all Passengers, Visitors and Staff.
ANY OTHER INFORMATION/REQUIREMENTS
• A Willingness and ability to conduct instant services in unusual locations.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
No two days are ever the same.
• In order to meet their responsibilities the Chaplain must be prepared for every eventuality and be able to react instantly and as accurate as humanly possible in all situations they face.
• A certain amount of administration work needs to be undertaken each day.