• Excellent communication skills and the ability to work quickly and effectively under pressure.
• Decisive and self-disciplined.
• Able to work well in a team.
• Ability to manage and influence others in challenging or emergency situations.
• Confident and approachable.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• An understanding of airport operations and ideally some experience in a role of responsibility.
• I.T. skills.
• Knowledge of and interest in Civil Aviation publications.
• Understanding of Health and Safety requirements.
The Airport Duty Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the Airport.
• They are required to oversee and manage large diverse teams of contractors, business partners and colleagues.
• Their aim is to ensure that the airport/runway and services remain open and operate safely and efficiently.
ANY OTHER INFORMATION/REQUIREMENTS
• Must be able to work 12-hours shifts.
• Able to work flexible hours.
• On the job training is provided.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
Due to the diversity of the role a typical day is difficult to define.
• Escorting VIP’s through to Security issues.
• Liaising with business partners and customer enquiries.
• Making first-aid calls and emergency management.