• Excellent communicator with good organisation skills.
• Ability to work as part of a team and on their own initiative.
• An excellent timekeeping and attendance record.
• Flexible and reliable as the position involves shift working, including a combination of early mornings, late nights, weekends and bank holidays.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Basic numeracy and literacy.
• Airfield experience desirable.
• Clean driving licence.
• Physically fit with good eyesight.
• Identifying, recording, reporting and controlling all wildlife activities on and around the airfield.
ANY OTHER INFORMATION/REQUIREMENTS
• The role is very proactive, hands-on and requires the ability to control wildlife via various methods including the use of firearms.
• Full security checks are required pre-employment.
• 24/7 shift work with outdoor working involved.
• Role is a smaller function of the wider Operations assistant role.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
• Patrolling the runway and surrounding areas and dispersing any wildlife hazards. Liaising with pilots, Air Traffic Control and Aircraft engineers.
• Using mobile technology to record events and removal of bird carcasses as required.