• Personable and enthusiastic.
• Ability to work across a number of projects and to deadline.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent teamwork skills as well as the ability to work independently.
• Passion for the environment and local community.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Proven track record of achieving results.
• Experience in aviation is desired but not essential.
• A good level of general physical fitness.
• Good hearing.
• Able to lift 20Kg.
• Able to climb a ladder.
• Providing professional environmental advice to assist the Airport’s Operations/Commercial departments.
• Airborne aircraft noise, surface water, energy & CO2 emission, air quality, green transport, waste management are all areas (environmental media) that are within the scope of your responsibilities & influence.
• Dealing with environmental complaints & enquiries.
• Routine & ad-hoc monitoring of noise, air quality and surface water.
• Interpreting monitoring result & reporting findings.
• Supervise suppliers & consultants.
ANY OTHER INFORMATION/REQUIREMENTS
• A full clean driving license is an advantage.
• The reward is not status or finance; it’s about doing the right thing and encouraging others to!
• Appreciation of social/economic benefit that a successful airport brings to the community and city region
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
No two days are the same, however there are a number of routine frequent tasks which must be completed:
• Answering environmental complaints & enquiries.
• Monitoring, recording & reporting water, energy & noise.
• Working with others to minimise the airport’s environment impact.
• Ensuring legal compliance & best guidance is achieved.