• Friendly, polite, good telephone manner and strong communication skills.
• Team-player, organised, disciplined.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• 5 GCSEs at A*-C Grade (including mathematics).
• AAT qualification or previous experience in accounting advantageous.
• Administration of supplier payments and preparation of supplier statement reconciliation.
• Communication with budget holders on any invoicing issues arising.
• Collection of cash from customers.
• Cash allocation and preparation of bank reconciliations.
• Provision of information and support to financial planning and financial accounts teams.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
• Advising supplier’s status of invoices.
• Preparation of cheques/ BACS for payment to suppliers.
• Chasing payments from customers.
• Liaising with cost centre managers on invoices which are not supported by documentation within the accounting system.