• Friendly, patient and polite.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Disciplined nature, goal-oriented and able to deliver to tight timelines.
• Confident and able to lead a team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• 5 GCSEs at A*-C Grade.
• 3 A levels.
• Undergraduate degree or qualified AAT.
• Recognised accounting designation – ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA OR qualified by experience.
• Previous experience in management accounting.
• Manage process for preparation of management accounts, budgets and forecasts.
• Liaise with cost centre managers/ budget holders to ensure accuracy of financial reporting.
• Management of the financial planning and analysis team.
• Preparation of management information and financial reports for review by executive management.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
• Meeting with cost centre managers to review and discuss financial performance versus budget.
• Helping cost centre managers to produce accurate and credible forecasts.
• Reporting to finance director on budget variances.