• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Diplomacy and Tact.
• Ability to use your own initiative and work under pressure.
• Resilience and adaptability.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• HR relevant qualification – Undergraduate Degree or CIPD Level 3, 5 or 7.
• Administration experience.
• Experience within a HR department is desirable.
• Undertake general administration duties (filing, faxing, photocopying, typing, answering telephone calls, taking messages etc.).
• Provide secretarial support for Human Resources Advisor, HR Manager and HR Director.
• Responsible for the administration of all recruitment and selection procedures, ensuring that Airport policies and procedures are adhered to. This includes pre-employment clearances such as reference requests, medical checks and criminal record checks.
• Coordinate the HR Recruitment Line and HR Enquiries e-mail on a daily basis.
• Utilise, maintain and ensure the HR database is up to date and provides accurate management information.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with managers and staff. Provide high quality advice and assistance to departmental managers in the areas of recruitment and selection, discipline, grievance and absence.
• Arrange meetings and organise agendas/relevant paperwork and attend meetings as and when required, taking minutes and distributing them to relevant parties.
• Liaise with Payroll to ensure all payroll queries are dealt with in an effective and efficient manner.
• Carry out other areas of administration that is required such as retirements, completion of probationary periods, employee variations and resignations.
• Attend formal and informal meetings including disciplinary’s, grievances and interviews, ensuring they are conducted in a fair, consistent and professional manner.
• Monitor levels of absence by utilising the HR database. Identify and inform managers of sickness levels within their departments and arrange formal meetings in line with the Company Absence Policy.
ANY OTHER INFORMATION/REQUIREMENTS
• General knowledge and understanding of business operations is essential.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
Every day is different within a HR Department so it is essential that you are able to adapt to varying situations and urgent business needs. However some of the day to day tasks may include;
• Office Administration.
• Monitoring and responding to the HR recruitment email inbox and telephone line.
• Providing advice and assistance to departmental managers.
• Maintenance of the HR database.