• Strong interest in IT and technology.
• Ability to logically think through problems and solutions.
• Commitment to constantly improve yourself, the team and services.
• Ability to work in a team, as well as independently.
• Motivated and reliable with good communication skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Experience using technical equipment.
• Familiarity with a use of various software packages.
• A good understanding of computer based systems.
• Monitoring the IT Helpdesk and responding to requests.
• 1st line fault finding and resolution.
• Escalating any major issues within the team.
• Carrying out planned maintenance on equipment and services.
• Ensuring backup procedures are running correctly.
• Assisting with project plans and installs.
• Supporting other departments with their initiatives.
• Ordering equipment in-line with budgets.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
Fortunately there are no ‘typical days’ in IT and you could be involved in any of the following on a given day, or perhaps something else altogether:
• Resolving issues with Flight Information Screens.
• Assisting with the install of new services.
• Working with other departments to determine project requirements.
• Installing new equipment for employees.
• Writing and implementing policies and procedures.
• Researching new technologies and solutions.