• Have good communication skills
• Methodical and flexible
• Enjoy problem solving
• Polite and employ good customer service
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Interest in mechanical and vehicle engineering.
• Qualification in engineering or science subject at college.
• Desirable to be able to achieve a mechanical qualification i.e. NVQ,ONC,HNC.
• Computer literate.
• Maintaining and repairing all Airport vehicles to regulatory standard.
• Ensure all vehicles and equipment is safe to drive on the Airfield and the issuing of permits.
• Mechanical maintenance and minor installations.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
• Callouts to a variety of vehicle and machine breakdowns.
• Repairs and maintenance of all types of vehicles and equipment including buses, tractors, fire engines, vans etc.
• Mechanical repairs i.e. welding and metal fabrication.
• Safety inspections and permit issues.
• Assisting other Airport departments with forklifts etc.