• Team building.
• Problem solving, planning and organisation skills.
• Effective communication.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Educated to degree level in construction discipline.
• Health and Safety background.
• Have a good understanding of multiple trades and consultants.
• Solid background of project management.
• Working within a multi- discipline construction or design team.
• Planning, structuring, leading and directing of a programme.
• Planning and Defining Scope.
• Activity Planning and Sequencing.
• Resource Planning.
• Developing Schedules.
• Time Estimating.
• Cost Estimating.
• Developing a Budget.
• Creating Charts and Schedules.
• Risk Analysis.
• Managing Risks and Issues.
• Monitoring and Reporting Progress.
ANY OTHER INFORMATION/REQUIREMENTS
• Finding out what the client or company wants to achieve.
• Agreeing the timescales, costs and resources needed.
• Drawing up a detailed plan and schedule for each stage of the project.
• Selecting and leading a project team.
• Negotiating with contractors and suppliers for materials and services.
• Making sure that each stage is progressing on time, on budget and to the right quality standards.
• Reporting regularly on progress to senior managers and the client.
• Managing risks, helping to avoid delays.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
• Resource planning (internal/external stakeholders).
• Prioritising works.
• Attending meetings.
• Review construction progress.
• Review programme and progress onsite.
• Submission of reports.
• General dialogue and communication.
• Cost analysis.