• Passionate about providing exceptional service, both personally and in a team.
• Able to understand and communicate the commercial direction of the business in a meaningful way to employees at all levels.
• Confidence to manage, develop and enhance the performance of others.
• Ability to generate sales through enthusiasm for products.
• Flexible and adaptable (roles are often based on rolling shift patterns).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Previously coached, supervised or managed a number of team members within a service or sales environment.
• Proven ability to confidently motivate and inspire people.
• Ability to challenge the status quo and enable change.
• Knowledge of a second language is a desirable skill but not essential.
• Cash handling experience and product expertise are beneficial skills.
• A good level of general physical fitness.
• Responsible for leading a team to deliver sales and profit targets.
• Demonstrating and coaching exceptional customer service.
• Effectively scheduling staffing resources.
• Complying with health, safety and security legislation.
• Analysing reports and information to make effective operational decisions.
• Create a welcoming environment that encourages customers to enter and purchase in the store using positive body language.
• Build rapport with customers using outstanding communication skills.
• Uncover and develop customers’ needs and requirements and consistently exceed their expectations.
• Maximise sales opportunities by using expert knowledge of products and promotions.
• Maintain an awareness of store activities, promotions and performance against targets.
• Ensure high standards within daily operations including personal appearance and visual merchandising.
ANY OTHER INFORMATION/REQUIREMENTS
• Liaison with airport business partners is an important aspect of the Duty Manager role.
• Regular sales and product training is provided.
• Development schemes are available for progression into Leadership roles.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
Whilst no two days are the same the following are some examples of the types of activities that a Duty Manager is responsible for:
• Taking operational managerial responsibility for the store.
• Encouraging and inspiring high levels of customer service from the team.
• Deploying staffing resources including scheduling of till coverage and breaks.
• Constructing and delivering well informed team briefings.
Reviewing merchandising standards to ensure displays are maintained to a high standard
• Coaching and developing the service skills of team members.
• Ensuring effective allocation and delivery of workload.
• Acknowledging, greeting and assisting customers in a friendly, natural and confident manner.
• Involvement in activities linked to new product launches or promotions.
• Replenishing, merchandising and ticketing of displays.
• Assisting with inventory management through stock counts.
• Using tills, handling cash and processing credit card transactions.
• Participating in training sessions to develop product and service skills.
Please look at the following websites for more information: