• Self-motivator with a smart, clean, tidy appearance.
• Ability to work flexibly in order to provide cover for holidays & sickness.
• Patient and a good communicator, verbally and non-verbally.
• Observational skills, colour: memory for and sensitivity to colour.
• Day & night alertness.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Educated to GCSE/NVQ level.
• UK Aviation Security accreditation desirable.
• Customer Service skills, qualification advantageous but not essential.
• X-Ray experience, multilingual, first aid training desirable.
• Previous experience of the Security and Aviation Industry.
• Body search and airside driving experience.
• A good level of general physical fitness to enable you to respond to immediate incidents at short notice.
• Responsible for leading a team to deliver sales and profit targets.
• Demonstrating and coaching exceptional customer service.
• Ensuring the daily management of the store to outstanding operational standards.
• Effectively scheduling staffing resources.
• Complying with health, safety and security legislation.
• Analysing reports and information to make effective operational decisions.
ANY OTHER INFORMATION/REQUIREMENTS
• Driving license essential.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
Whilst no two days are the same the following are some examples of the types of activities that a Duty Manager is responsible for:
• Taking operational managerial responsibility for the store.
• Encouraging and inspiring high levels of customer service from the team.
• Deploying staffing resources including scheduling of till coverage and breaks.
• Constructing and delivering well informed team briefings.
• Reviewing merchandising standards to ensure displays are maintained to a high standard.
• Coaching and developing the service skills of team members.
• Ensuring effective allocation and delivery of workload.
Please look at the following website for more information: