£8.92 per hour
Location: L24 1YD, Speke
Salary: £8.92 to £8.92 per hour
Open from: Tue 27th, Apr 2021 until Wed 30th, Jun 2021
ShiftPatterns: Zero Hours
Would you like to be part of something amazing? Our people are our greatest asset and we invest in career progression and personal development, so that you can be a part of a workforce that remains focused, dedicated and happy. We collaborate, we raise standards and we win awards. So why not come and be amazing with Wilson James?
Wilson James is a leading security, construction logistics and aviation services provider with more than 5,000 brilliant people across the three services. With in-depth sector and service expertise, we deliver high quality solutions to clients operating across the Aviation, Construction, Corporate, Energy, Manufacturing, Maritime and Technology industries, providing services to some of the world’s most iconic brands. We collaborate. We raise standards. We win awards.
The Security Officer is responsible for ensuring the safe and smooth transition of passengers, staff, and airport personnel whilst maintaining the highest level of customer service and satisfaction at all times.
- Passenger Screening – Screening all passengers to the required standards, often performing physical searches where necessary.
- X-Ray Screening – Screening/searching cabin & hold baggage in order to ensure no prohibited articles are brought into the critical part, which may endanger passengers, aircraft and crew.
- Access Control - Controlling of access to the aerodrome, checking identification or travel documents for all passengers, staff and airport users requiring access.
- Patrolling - Carry out foot patrols of airside/landside locations to ensure they are secure.
- Passenger Prep – Preparing passengers for processing through the central search screening area, assisting and advising on how to baggage, liquids, electronics etc. for screening.
- Resolve queries from customers and assist them with their journey through the airport offering advice where necessary & high levels of customer service.
- Read and adhere to security notices, completing documentation clearly and concisely on any incidents that may have occurred.
- Responding to and assisting with emergency situations.
BenefitsExcellent training and development, annual leave entitlement, auto enrolment pension scheme, death in service benefit
Additional InformationShifts/Hours: 0hrs - Varying hours due to flight schedules Salary:£8.92 *Please note that if you a current employee of Wilson James, that you must ensure you have informed your line manager of your application*
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills;
- The ability to listen actively to others and respond appropriately when language can often be a barrier.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner in a format appropriate to the recipient.
- Have the ability to recognise the potential sensitivity of the communication and exercise good judgment in how the content is addressed.
- Basic IT skills
- Demonstrate the ability to think and act quickly in emergencies or under pressure
- Have an ability to deliver succinct and clear verbal and written reports where necessary
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation
- Demonstrate reliability including the ability to deliver high standards of both punctuality and attendance in order to ensure team effectiveness and availability
- Able to demonstrate an ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to deal calmly and confidently with all demands from the public.
- An understanding of the principles of equality and diversity in relation to visitors’ needs.
- Minimum of 3 year UK residency
- A 5 year checkable background
All security personnel are required to be vetted in accordance with Guidelines on Security Screening (BS7858) covering a period of five years. Failure to accurately and fully disclose work history may be detrimental to gaining employment with Wilson James. You will need to be able to evidence a minimum of 5 year’s written work history - this evidence needs to include any gaps of over 31 days and periods of self-employment.
Successful candidates will be vetted by Wilson James before employment is confirmed. Wilson James take the vetting process extremely seriously and have a dedicated team who validate employment and investigate gaps. For this, candidates who are invited for an interview must be able to provide a full 5 year or back to school work history, accounting for any gaps and proof of right to work, address
Failure to provide this evidence will result in Wilson James not being able to comply with the BS7858 Standard (the British Standards Institution for screening individuals employed in a security environment) and therefore no offer of employment is able to be made.
Apply online at https://wilsonjames.careerspage.co.uk/jobs/security-officer-sro-20961
Wednesday 30 June 2021