Each year, Liverpool John Lennon Airport helps over 5 million passengers reach their destinations. Our success as an Airport is due to our commitment to creating the Airport our region loves.
We are aware of the impact of our business on our local community and work hard to ensure that we create a sustainable, responsible business that not only benefits the local economy, our Colleagues and our customers; but also those living and working in the local area.
The on-going work that LJLA does in partnership with our local community includes;
Alongside these key areas, we have established a Fundraising partnership with Alder Hey Children's Charity with the sole purpose of making the journeys that every child, young person and family that is cared for at Alder Hey Children's Hospital is as comfortable as possible.
Over the past few years, our Community work generated the following:
• Reduced energy consumption by 80%
• 4,000 LED lights installed- cutting electricity consumption by 25%
• Reduced our Co2 Emissions by 4,800 tonnes
• Over 5,000 people helped though our local foodbank
• 2 adult apprentices
• UK’s first Firefighter Cadet Programme
• Over 500 hours donated to our local school