Each year, Liverpool John Lennon Airport helps over 5 million Passengers reach their destinations. Our success as an Airport is due to our commitment to creating the region's Faster, Easier, Friendlier Airport.
At Liverpool John Lennon Airport, we take our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) as just that. A responsibility. As a business, we are aware of the impact on our local Economy, Colleagues and Customers. But as a member of the Community, we work hard to ensure we create a sustainable, responsible business- one that gives back to those living and working within our local area.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport's CSR projects focus on three main issues: Our Three E's:
Alongside these key areas, we have had a Fundraising Partnership with Alder Hey Children's Charity since 2016; LJLALoves Alder Hey. The sole purpose of the Fundraising Partnership is to ensure that every child/ young person and their families, has the most comfortable journey as possible throughout their time at Alder Hey Hospital.
Throughout the past number of years, the dedicated work of both our CSR colleagues and our wider Airport team has enabled us to achieve some amazing things in our Three E’s:
- Reduced energy consumption by 80%
- 4,000 LED lights installed- cutting electricity consumption by 25%
- Reduced our Co2 Emissions by 4,800 tonne
- Over 5,000 people helped though our local foodbank
- Eight Apprentices
- Two Adult Apprentices
- UK’s first Firefighter Cadet Programme
- Fourteen traineeships completed
- 36 Work Experience Students
- Over 500 hours donated to our local school
- Business & GCSE Mentoring
- Mock Assessment Centres for Career Development
- Multiple Careers Events throughout the Liverpool region