For passengers arriving at Liverpool John Lennon Airport
This page contains information for passengers arriving at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
In addition to completing a passenger locator form, you will also need to take a test, or tests, on return to England.
The testing package you must book for your arrival into England may depend on where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive. Please consult official UK Goverment COVID-19 travel advice to determine the current classification of the country from which you are arriving, as you are responsible for ensuring your own compliance.
Which COVID travel tests are offered for arriving passengers?
The following tests are available for those arriving in England. Information for which tests you need depending on what classification the destination is that you are arriving from can also be found below.
- Rapid Antigen Day 2, result within 1 hour: £35 (BOOK HERE)
- PCR test, results returned by midnight next day: £79 (BOOK HERE)
- Day 2 and Day 8 PCR test bundle: £150 (BOOK HERE)
- Departing Rapid PCR test for unvaccinated passengers: £79 (BOOK HERE)
Where are you arriving from?
The tests you need when arriving back in England are determined by the destination, or destinations, you have been travelling from. Please consult official UK Goverment COVID-19 travel advice to determine the current classification of the country from which you are arriving, as you are responsible for ensuring your own compliance.
The tests you will need, by traffic light, are, as follows:
- Rest of the World: On your arrival into England, vaccinated passengers must take either a Lateral Flow or PCR test on or before day 2 of your return and you do not need to quarantine or take any further tests if your test is negative. Unvaccinated passengers must book and pay for Day 2 and Day 8 PCR tests to be taken after arrival in England. Unvaccinated passengers must also take a COVID-19 test in the three days before they travel to England.
- Red: All passengers must book a quarantine hotel package for your arrival into England, which includes two COVID-19 tests.
How do I book my test?
If you require any of the above tests, you can make a booking by clicking here. You will need to select the correct test(s) to ensure it meets your travel requirements before you pay.
If you are travelling with other people and require multiple tests, then appointments will need to be booked separately.
Frequently asked questions
When can I get a test?
Booking can be made here within current availability between Monday to Saturday 09:00 until 17:00 and Sunday from 10:00 until 16:00.
Where will my test take place?
The testing facility is located at the check-in area within the terminal building. Passengers are advised to use the multi-storey car park if coming onsite in advance or to exit arrivals and turn right if just landed.
Will I have to pay for parking?
There are no parking fees for visitors to the TAG testing if coming onsite specifically for a test. A ticket will be issued upon completion of the test.
Who will be doing the tests?
The clinical operators, have a fully-qualified team who carry out the tests.
Do children require testing?
Children under 10 do not require arrival tests.
Can I not use a test provided by the NHS or mass testing scheme?
No. The necessary tests for arriving passengers are not obtainable via the NHS or mass testing schemes.
What if my test is positive?
If you receive a positive test result, you must self-isolate in accordance with Government guidance.