For passengers arriving at Liverpool John Lennon Airport
This page contains information for passengers arriving at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
In addition to completing a passenger locator form, you will also need to take a test, or tests, on return to England.
The testing package you must book for your arrival into England depends on where you have been in the 10 days before you arrive. Please consult official UK Goverment COVID-19 travel advice to determine the current classification of the country from which you are arriving, as you are responsible for ensuring your own compliance.
Which COVID travel tests are offered for arriving passengers?
The following tests are available for those arriving in England. Information for which tests you need depending on what classification the destination is that you are arriving from can also be found below.
- Day 2 test only: £99 (BOOK HERE)
- Day 2 and Day 8 test bundle: £165 (BOOK HERE)
- Day 5 test-to-release: £99 (BOOK HERE)
Where are you arriving from?
The tests you need when arriving back in England are determined by the destination, or destinations, you have been travelling from. Please consult official UK Goverment COVID-19 travel advice to determine the current classification of the country from which you are arriving, as you are responsible for ensuring your own compliance.
The tests you will need, by traffic light, are, as follows:
- Green: On your arrival into England, you must take a PCR test on or before day 2 of your return. You do not need to quarantine or take any further tests if your test is negative.
- Amber: On your arrival into England, you must quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days, as well as taking a PCR test on or before day 2 and on or after day 8 or your return. You may also opt into the Government's test-to-release scheme and purchase an additional day 5 test, which will allow you to leave quarantine early if you receive a negative result.
- Red: You must book a quarantine hotel package for your arrival into England, which includes two COVID-19 tests.
How do I book my test?
If you require any of the above tests, you can make a booking by clicking here. You will need to select the correct test(s) to ensure it meets your travel requirements before you pay.
If you are travelling with other people and require multiple tests, then appointments will need to be booked separately.
Frequently asked questions
When can I get a test?
Booking can be made here within current availability between Monday to Friday, 09:00 until 17:00, and Saturday/Sunday from 09:00 until 17:00.
Where will my test take place?
The testing facility will be on-site in our long-stay car park. Please follow the yellow signs for 'COVID test site' and choose the lane signposted 'TAG.'
Will I have to pay for parking?
There are no parking fees for visitors to the TAG testing facility at the airport.
Who will be doing the tests?
The clinical operators, Salutaris, have a fully-qualified team who carry out the tests.
Do children require testing?
Children under 10 do not require arrival tests.
Can I not use a test provided by the NHS or mass testing scheme?
No. The necessary tests for arriving passengers are not obtainable via the NHS or mass testing schemes.
What if my test is positive?
If you receive a positive test result, you must self-isolate in accordance with Government guidance.