How to book airport parking
Whether you’re going on a family holiday or heading away on business, you will want to be able to leave your car behind somewhere that’s secure and safeIt’s also important that you have guaranteed parking until the date you return, and you will want to ensure that you’re getting good value for money.
At Liverpool John Lennon Airport, you can take out the hassle of airport parking by pre-booking online. In this blog, we explain the benefits of pre-booking airport parking, offer effective tips on booking online in advance and explain how to park if you haven’t prebooked.
Can you book airport parking?
Airport parking is something anyone can do prior to their visit and it carries multiple benefits. For instance, ensuring you have a parking space before you arrive removes the potential stress that may come from having to find a space on the day. Considering how much you need to remember when you jet off on holiday - i.e. luggage, passports, getting through security, finding the right gate - having one less thing to worry about can make all the difference.
For many holidaymakers, airport parking is a factor they will work into their holiday planning and budget, so by being able to book early and have it arranged before they arrive at the airport, it can save a lot of hassle on the day.
Is it cheaper to pre-book airport parking?
Not only does pre-booking airport parking simplify the process, but it’s also often better for your wallet. While there are several options for parking at LJLA to suit your needs and reflect your budget, pre-booking online can save as much as 70 per cent.
How to book parking at the airport
If you want to pre-book parking at LJLA, the process is easy and can be done on any desktop computer, laptop, tablet device or smartphone. Below, we’ve outlined the steps you will need to take to book airport parking:
- Go to the online airport parking section of the Liverpool Airport website.
- Select the dates and times you expect to arrive and depart from Liverpool Airport - making sure to factor in how early you need to arrive at the airport.
- Once you’ve entered in this information, click ‘Book’ and you will be given parking options.
- At this point, you will be able to choose from a selection of options including Long Stay Official On-Airport Parking, Multi-Storey Official On-Airport Parking, Fast Track Family Parking and Fast Track Parking.
- Below each option, you will see detailed information on the walking distance between the car park and the airport and other details that may suit your needs.
- When you’ve identified the best option for you, click ‘Book Now’ and you will be taken to a screen that displays the summary of your booking.
- If you’re happy with the option you’ve chosen, enter your personal details, car registration, the destination you’re flying to and click ‘Book and Pay’ to pay for your parking and complete the booking.
- You will then receive a confirmation via email that confirms your booking and contains a reference number.
On the day, all you’ll need to do is arrive at the airport and park your car. Whether you’re leaving your vehicle in a multi-storey car park or taking the long stay option, there are things you can do before the day of your trip to prepare your car for airport parking. Performing a few last minute checks and adjustments can help to ensure your car is in the best condition when you return to drive it again.
Can you park at John Lennon Airport without pre-booking?
Although it would be advisable to save money and secure your spot by pre-booking parking at LJLA prior to your flight, don’t fret if you haven’t had time to do this or have simply forgotten. Online airport parking has made it easier to ensure you have somewhere to leave your car while you’re away, but you still have the option to arrange your parking on the day of your flight.
If you’ve chosen to sort your parking out on the day, simply pick the car park you want to leave your car at, such as the Long Stay or Multi-Storey Car Parks. You can then choose the length of your stay and pay at one of the machines located across the Liverpool Airport car park.