Many destinations now require passengers to provide a negative COVID-19 test on arrival, and we want to ensure that the North West's Faster, Easier, Friendlier Airport makes getting a test as seamless as possible. The type of test required for the fit to fly certificate can vary depending on the destination, with many countries requiring you to have taken a test 48-72 hours before arrival.
There are also testing requirements when arriving back in England, that are determined by the destination, or destinations, you have been travelling from. Please consult official UK Goverment COVID-19 travel advice to determine the current classification of the country from which you are arriving.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport is partnering with local, Knowsley-based company TAG to provide convenient and efficient COVID-19 tests for passengers who require them.
TAG work with clinical operator Salutaris, who will operate the testing site on our premises, using BioSource testing kits. BioSource provide the lab processing and hold all relevant CE certifications and are ISO/IEC 17025 and 1ISO:15189 accredited.
Why use TAG testing at Liverpool Airport?
- Fit to Fly PCR tests processed onsite
- Rapid 1-3 day testing available
- Guaranteed result within 24 hours for standard PCR tests
- Processed by qualified technician for accurate results
- Approved Fit-to-Fly certification
- Amber arrival packages available for Day 2 and Day 8 testing (Day 8 testing is required for passengers who have not been fully vaccinated)
- Test to release Day 5 available
- Responsive customer service to ever-changing market needs
Please note: Do not use the airport travel testing facility if you suspect you have COVID-19. If this is the case, you must use NHS testing facilities.
Do not confuse the TAG airport travel testing facility with the NHS drive-through testing facility, which is also located on airport grounds.
Travellers must not use NHS facilities for travel-related purposes.