In the same week that the world’s leading air travel intelligence company, OAG awarded Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LJLA) a 5-star rating for flight punctuality, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) have today published their latest report on the accessibility services provided by the top 30 UK airports with Liverpool listed in the highest ‘very good’ category.
Travelling with a baby has historically been quite a stressful process for many parents, however, with extensive help and assistance available at Liverpool John Lennon Airport, flying with a young child is now extremely straightforward. Depending on which airline you are flying with, it is best to contact them a few days before you are due to fly if you require any specific assistance, or if you have any questions with regards to travelling with an infant. An infant is classed as a baby under the age of 2 and a child is aged between 2 and 16 – most of our airlines do not allow babies less than 14 days old to travel on an aeroplane.
Airlines such as easyJet, flybe and Thomson are all extremely accommodating for parents travelling with babies and infants; all staff are also highly trained in helping to make your journey with children as smooth as possible. A few things to remember before you fly with your baby are as follows:
- Your baby needs a boarding pass; don’t forget to check in the little one online along with yourself!
- Most airlines do not provide nappies, so ensure you bring your own – there are baby changing facilities on board.
- Most airlines can heat up milk formula for you, but check this before you fly.
- Babies under 2 years old do not need their own seat – they are welcome to sit on your lap instead.
- All mothers are welcome to breastfeed their babies at any point during a flight.
- Car seats are welcome on board if you wish to keep your baby strapped up in his or her own seat.
- Some airlines allow pushchairs on board, whilst others prefer you to check them in – check with your airline beforehand.
If you are concerned about taking baby food or formula through airport security at LJLA, don’t panic. Boots now offers and in-store ordering service via their website; choose your products and pay online, and your items can be picked up on the day of your flight. This is extremely helpful for parents who can pre-order baby food and formula and collect it when they are in the Departure Lounge. Boots is located in the Departure Lounge after Security, on both the Upper Level and Lower Level. For more information, take a look at our terminal map.
easyJet, Europe’s leading airline, has announced that a new route to Toulouse from Liverpool John Lennon for next winter is on sale today.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport has once again been awarded a 5-star rating by the world’s leading air travel intelligence company, OAG for flight punctuality. With an on-time performance of 85.4 per cent of flights running on time, the 5-star ranking represents excellent performance over a rolling 12-month period.