Travelling with a baby or young child has historically been quite a stressful process for many people. However, with extensive help and assistance available at Liverpool John Lennon Airport, flying with a young child is now extremely straightforward.
On the Radar: Mahon
This summer, visit Menorca’s capital Mahon with easyJet and fly direct from Liverpool John Lennon Airport. Soak up all the best the city has to offer including most popular nearby beaches, history on the streets and sightseeing daytrips. Find the best flights to Mahon on our destination page.
Why go now?
August is a great time to visit Mahon if you like it hot hot hot! Here's a guide to our recommended things to do and see:
Menorca’s white sandy beaches with crystal clear, turquoise waters MUST be on your check list!
- Mesquida – Roughly a 10 minute drive to the north of Mahon.
- Es Grau – Full of sunloungers, beach bars and watersports, you can get here in just 5 minutes from Mesquida beach.
- Punta Prima (Blue Flag Beach) – On the southeast coast of Menorca, Punta Prima is one of the oldest holiday towns on the island.
Shops & Restaurants
Mahon has a wide range of shops from basic to stylish boutiques and all kinds of restaurants and cafe's for all of your breakfast, lunch & dinner needs.
(Don't forget that Siesta applies here so from 13:00 to 17:00 very little will be open)
- Enjoy traditional Spanish tapas at the Mestre Wine Bar! (See map)
- Sa Taverna d’es Port is a great spot for lunch in the harbour.
- The outdoor market located on the main square of Placa Esplanada is good for clothes, souvenirs, footwear & jewellery, open every Saturday & Tuesday. (See map)
- Hidden gems – Make sure to explore the side streets in the old city for ‘off the beaten track’ treasures.
Mahon was once ruled by Britain, so you’ll see a real sense of its colonial past making it a great destination for culture seekers & history geeks.
- Fortalleza de La Mola - a very large 19th century fort at the entrance to Mahon harbour.
- Trepuco - a pre-historic settlement between Mahon and Sant Llui.
- Fort Malborough - an unusual 7 sided defence fort located in Cala de Sant Esteve on the south east edge of the island.
- Museum of Menorca - visit the website for all current exhibitions.
So don't hesitate, book your flight to Menorca with easyJet now!
If you would like to see where else you can fly to from LJLA, browse our destinations page.
Visit Cluj-Napoca and experience some of the best events and festivals happening this month. As the capital of the legendary region of Transylvania, Cluj-Napoca is one of the most popular cities in Romania. The second biggest city in the country after the capital, Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca is famous as Romania’s largest university town and consequently attracts thousands of students and young people.
If you’re going on holiday this summer, make sure you don’t miss out on great savings across top brands at World Duty Free in the departure lounge at Liverpool John Lennon Airport.