Wizz Air, the largest low-cost airline in Central and Eastern Europe, today introduces Fare Lock, a new service that will allow passengers to lock the fare selected for a specific flight with the bundle of their preference for 48 hours. Wizz Air is continuously looking to enhance customer experience - this unique feature was created to best meet the needs of passengers looking to secure themselves a bargain.
WHAT IS THE WIZZ FARE LOCK SERVICE?
- Fare Lock is an innovative service that gives WIZZ passengers the opportunity to secure a elected fare for a period of 48 hours for a fee of £3 per segment/person
- The Fare Lock service is available for bookings made more than 7 days prior to the departure date, or the date of the outbound flight in case of a return flight
- Fare Lock is available on wizzair.com and can be used for bookings for one way or return flights for multiple passengers. The selected flights and the name or number of passengers cannot be modified after payment of the Fare Lock
- In order to finalize the booking at the price secured by Fare Lock, WIZZ customers will have to pay the full amount of the fare by credit card or using credit from MyWIZZ Account within 48 hours by accessing the My Bookings page
- If the booking is not finalized within 48 hours from initiating Fare Lock service the reserved fare will be automatically cancelled
GREAT BENEFITS OF THE WIZZ FARE LOCK SERVICE
- Savvy WIZZ passengers can now easily secure the lowest fare available on any WIZZ flight* whilst having time to plan other elements of their holiday
- Flights selected with Fare Lock won’t sell out and the price won’t change for 48 hours
- Fare Lock has a fixed price regardless of the flight, time period or the bundle chosen
George Michalopoulos, Chief Commercial Officer at Wizz Air said: “Wizz Air is once again proving its commitment to finding innovative ways of enhancing the customer journey. The new service launched today is a great tool for taking the stress element out of the booking process, allowing customers 48 hours to finalize their purchase. Following our recent announcement regarding the increase in free allowance of hand luggage, we continue to focus on ways to better meet our passengers’ needs’”