• Ability to work in a team as well as individually.
• Personable and enthusiastic.
• Ability to work across a number of projects and to deadline.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent teamwork skills as well as the ability to work independently.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Experience in marketing & communications.
• Proven track record of achieving results.
• Responsible for raising the profile of the LJLA both regionally and internationally.
• Develop the LJLA marketing strategy and subsequent marketing plan ensuring delivery through the Marketing Team demonstrating ROI (where possible to do so).
• Responsible for managing LJLA Marketing and Communications Coordinators to ensure delivery of group marketing objectives.
• Work in particular with Sales and PR to ensure consistent and agreed approach is applied when dealing with customers, particularly the airlines and trade.
• Work with the Commercial/Sales Teams to ensure the effective marketing of non-aviation revenue sources and Cargo through the Marketing and Communications Managers within the overall marketing strategy/plan.
• Execution of marketing and promotional ideas to help grow the passenger and visitor catchment.
• Maintain and grow relationships between LJLA and scheduled carriers/tour operators/retailers/affiliates operating both from and with the airport.
• Manage the maintenance and general updating of the airport’s website www.liverpoolairport.com.
• Compilation of the monthly web statistics, including advertising.
• Updating Social Media profiles (Facebook and Twitter).
• Compilation of the marketing department’s E-Marketing campaigns.
• Provide assistance with Event Organisation including route launches, press trips, official openings etc.
• Distribution of Press Releases through predefined channels.
• Co-ordinate and facilitate filming and photography requests and permissions.
• Assist in the effective implementation and enforcement of the company’s brand guidelines.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
• Strategic positioning and rising of brand awareness.
• Increasing shareholder and stakeholder value through the development and implementation of a group marketing plan which clearly demonstrates ROI.
• Marketing and promotion including all associated products and services (scheduled airlines, charter operators, retailers, car parking, executive lounge, (all non aviation revenue sources) to the key target audiences including consumers, businesses and travel trade using various elements of the marketing mix.