• Methodical and able to multi-task.
• Ability to communicate with staff and customers alike.
• Ability to cope under pressure.
• Previous airport experience is an advantage but not essential.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• NVQ Level 2 or equivalent.
• Customer Service.
• Working with people.
• To process and use the PAL/CAL information as per site local procedures. (Inform / Dockets)
• To monitor the movement of aircraft via Flight Information Screens and to assign the appropriate resource with the necessary skills to accomplish a specific task in adequate time to meet the engagement standards (SLA).
• To ensure the staffing levels are correct on a daily basis – not exceeding budget.
• To allocate the workload in a fair and professional manner.
• To keep the A.S.M., D.M.’s, Airport Authority, Handling Agent / Airline informed of potential delays or challenges as necessary.
• To ensure that relevant paperwork/computer work is completed accurately and in a timely fashion on a daily basis.
• To ensure that requested paperwork is completed and passed to the relevant persons for processing and retrieval during audit.
• To liaise with Airport Customer Service Manager and / or its representatives.
• To fully brief staff on operational matters.
• To ensure that disciplinary and control standards are adhered to at all times. To include uniform standards, timekeeping, staff attitude and behaviour.
• To build and maintain staff morale.
• To ensure wheelchair ‘sweeps’ are carried out; chairs accounted for and logged on a daily basis.
• To ensure radios /mobile phones / PDA’S are signed for / returned daily.
• To ensure Drivers log vehicles in/out and report and log defects.
• To ensure detailed reports are completed should a service failure occur.
• To report Accidents / Near Misses to ARC and your Line Manager upwards and to ensure reports, photo’s and witness statements are taken ASAP following the incident.
• To be prepared to undertake any other duties that will benefit the company and that you are capable of doing, having received the appropriate training.
WHAT DOES A TYPICAL DAY INVOLVE
• The allocation of resources to specific tasks within set time frames to ensure the Service Level Agreement is met.
• Health & Safety Purpose: To take a direct interest in the health and safety of yourself, your subordinates and others who may be affected by your work activities.
• To ensure corporate and legislative compliance by the use of best practises and safe systems of work.