Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our websites (our “Site”) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, social media or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, financial and credit card information, vehicle registration number and date of birth;
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time), products you viewed; page response times, download errors, duration of page visits, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case, we will have informed you when we collected the personal data if we intend to share it internally and combine it with personal data collected on the Site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your personal data;
- We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers). We will, where required, notify you when we receive information about you from them, and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Cookies are small files of letters and numbers stored by the web browser on the hard drive of an internet user's computer or other device. For more detail on what cookies are and how they work, please see allaboutcookies.org.
Individuals can block cookies by activating the setting on their internet browser that allows them to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if individuals use their browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), they may not be able to access parts of the Site.
The legal basis for processing your personal data
In order to comply with applicable Data Protection Legislation, we are required to set out the legal basis for the processing of your personal data. In accordance with the purposes for which we collect and use your personal data, as set out below, the legal basis for processing your personal data will typically be one of the following:
- our own or our third parties’ legitimate business interests (for example, in maintaining and promoting our business by providing customers with feedback opportunities or other instances where we have carried out a legitimate interests assessment and have established an existing legitimate interest);
- the performance of a contract that we have in place with you;
- your consent where appropriate; or
- compliance with our legal obligations.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
1.Information you give to us. We will use this information to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- carry out market research;
- ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
2.Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to carry out market research;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
3.Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us, and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal data with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We will disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms of business and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it, or as otherwise prescribed by law, for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. Our Data Retention Policy further describes our retention practices. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, you will still receive operational emails relating to the goods/services you have purchased.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal data) if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites. You can also exercise the right at any time by using your preference centre, a link for which can be found on emails from Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
Social media features
Our Site is directed at an adult audience, and we do not knowingly collect information from or about children.
Access to information
The Data Protection Legislation gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation. Any access request may be subject to a fee (where permitted) to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
You also have a right to require any inaccuracies in your information to be corrected free of charge. You can ask us to modify your details by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
Updated 24 May 2018
New routes, community endeavours, investments, destination guides... Get all the latest news and updates from Liverpool John Lennon Airport.
Liverpool John Lennon Airport are one of the biggest employers in the Merseyside region and with more than a 91% colleague satisfaction rate, why not discover the latest career opportunities at LJLA?
Have questions about what to expect at the airport?
Want to leave us some feedback on your experience?
Click here for the answers to your questions!