Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LJLA) has today launched Liverpool Airport Holidays, a new service offering tailor made packages to over 70 destinations flying direct from Liverpool.
Travelling with a baby has historically been quite a stressful process for many parents, however, with extensive help and assistance available at Liverpool John Lennon Airport, flying with a young child is now extremely straightforward. Depending on which airline you are flying with, it is best to contact them a few days before you are due to fly if you require any specific assistance, or if you have any questions with regards to travelling with an infant. An infant is classed as a baby under the age of 2 and a child is aged between 2 and 16 – most of our airlines do not allow babies less than 14 days old to travel on an aeroplane.
Airlines such as easyJet, flybe and Thomson are all extremely accommodating for parents travelling with babies and infants; all staff are also highly trained in helping to make your journey with children as smooth as possible. A few things to remember before you fly with your baby are as follows:
- Your baby needs a boarding pass; don’t forget to check in the little one online along with yourself!
- Most airlines do not provide nappies, so ensure you bring your own – there are baby changing facilities on board.
- Most airlines can heat up milk formula for you, but check this before you fly.
- Babies under 2 years old do not need their own seat – they are welcome to sit on your lap instead.
- All mothers are welcome to breastfeed their babies at any point during a flight.
- Car seats are welcome on board if you wish to keep your baby strapped up in his or her own seat.
- Some airlines allow pushchairs on board, whilst others prefer you to check them in – check with your airline beforehand.
If you are concerned about taking baby food or formula through airport security at LJLA, don’t panic. Boots now offers and in-store ordering service via their website; choose your products and pay online, and your items can be picked up on the day of your flight. This is extremely helpful for parents who can pre-order baby food and formula and collect it when they are in the Departure Lounge. Boots is located in the Departure Lounge after Security, on both the Upper Level and Lower Level. For more information, take a look at our terminal map.
This weekend sees the start of Liverpool John Lennon Airport’s (LJLA) busiest time of the year once again, as the school holidays begin for many families from across the region.
Wizz Air, the largest low-cost airline in Central and Eastern Europe commenced their latest service from Liverpool John Lennon Airport (LJLA) today with staff celebrating the airline’s inaugural flight to the Bulgarian Black Sea resort of Varna.